Volunteer Nanaimo offers memberships to volunteer organizations for an annual fee of only $60.00
An individual membership is $10.00 annually.
To become a member, click here to download a Registration Form.
For Returning members, click here to download our Invoice for the current year
The benefits of membership include:
1. Free monthly use of our boardroom for your board meetings.
2. Members are considered first for special events and special offers such as our Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon, available to Member Agencies only.
3. Free volunteer recruitment through media advertisements through weekly newspaper advertisements and presentations.
4. Watchdog Technical Support provides limited computer and networking support for our Members. Experienced volunteers help members keep up with technology and the problems involved in maintaining their computer systems.
5. We often receive donations of equipment, furniture or supplies which we then offer to our Member Agencies for free. This past year we have donated computers, office furniture and miscellaneous office equipment and supplies.
6. We are working to increase our loan equipment resources,
We currently have a LED projector, Laptop computer, 2 overhead projectors, spiral binding machine, fax machine, and laminator for use by our agencies. We are working on securing other equipment. These will be listed for your information on our Members Only page “Grapevine” as they come up.
7. Workshops: Free or Reduced rates to Member Agencies for workshops and seminars in volunteer management, board development, funding proposal writing. We will continue to offer basic computer training and support in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer and to help you design your new website.
8. Once a year, support for mass faxing, mail outs for those large events you have planned. You provide supplies. We will need plenty of advance notice to plan this particular service for you and you may be asked to pay a nominal sum to offset our costs.
9. Consultation – Volunteer Nanaimo has been extremely busy working to address your changing needs and continue to fill requests made by many agencies for information, board development; strategic planning and advanced volunteer management advice sessions and workshops.
10. We continue to evolve and adapt to changes in the economy and legislation. And share that information with the non for profit community.
11. We will be pleased to display Member Agency brochures and promotional materials at the Centre.