For nearly 40 years, Volunteer Nanaimo has been serving the community and Non-profit organizations in the greater Nanaimo area. Volunteer Nanaimo is a multi-service volunteer centre and provides several programs for Nanaimo Volunteer and Information Centre Society.
The Nanaimo Volunteer and Information Centre Society (NVICS), also known as Volunteer Nanaimo, has been acting as the central hub of the Non Profit and Volunteering Community here in Nanaimo since 1979.
Our mission; we commit to enhance the quality of life in our community by increasing the impact of volunteerism.
Our organization pursues our Mission by:
- Promoting volunteerism and raising awareness of the power of service.
- Building capacity of Non-profit and community based organizations along with the volunteers and their staff
- Connecting people with opportunities to serve.
- Providing leadership and support with issues related to volunteerism, Non-profit and community based organizations.
- Delivering current resources, information and services to volunteers, community, non-profit and community based organizations.
Volunteer Nanaimo plays a key role in the development of volunteerism in the Nanaimo region. With over 800 non-profit and community based organizations we connect thousands of individuals with important volunteer opportunities in their community.
Board of Directors
Richard Allen – President
Dustin King – Vice President
Gail Bunnage – Director
Chris Boldt – Director
Melanie Morton – Director
Shari Sorensen – Director
Cindy Higdon – Director
Cathy Holmes – Director
Executive Director – Rita Innamorati